How do you know you’re an adult? When we were kids, we couldn’t wait to grow up. Being an adult seemed to mean the ultimate freedom, excitement, late bedtimes, and doing what you please every day…..little did we know. Becoming an adult doesn’t magically happen but rather gradually by experience, wisdom, and knowledge, we don’t even realize it's happening to us but once we do there is no going back to the carefree days of youth. Becoming an adult is not for the faint of heart. So don’t let your adulting catch you off guard, take a deep breath, and finally admit we’re adults now…..oh the humanity!
Here are 6 real signs you’ve entered adulthood...
1. Eating healthy foods make you happy and feel great - Becoming an adult you are painfully aware of the direct correlation between what you put in your mouth and how you feel and your overall health. You start to focus on your heart rate and BMI but also where your food comes from. After all, who wants to eat something that has a shelf life of 20 years?
2. Going to bed early is an actual treat - The nights of leaving your house at 10 pm to hit the clubs and meet up with friends. Now you go to bed early and willingly and savor sliding into a cozy bed, sleep is now your best friend.
3. You see nothing wrong with spending extra money on organic and sustainable sheets - Becoming an adult is a gift of time that allows us to change our thoughts, perceptions, and understandings. With time we can form more educated decisions, become more productive and of course, reduce the amount of waste we generate.
4. Your fashion choices are now your actualized sense of style, creative expression & experience - becoming the person you want to be and letting your style reflect your triumphs and heartbreak, successes, and fears. Express the real you and stand out, after all, your parents are no longer picking out your clothes!
5. You start supporting brands that are eco-friendly, good to their employees and the earth, and not because of being popular and trendy - Today more and more people want to live sustainably and choose brands that support their values and social responsibility. Full brand transparency in their processes, values, products, and goals is a sure sign you’ve entered a conscious life and adulthood.
6. You’ve learned how to make time for important things - As an adult, we realize that the world doesn't revolve around just us, not that it ever did. We recognize we are living in a world full of distant connections, social media, hashtags, followers, and algorithms, we need to remember to take a moment, slow down and focus on who and what matters. Relationships, friendship, authentic, meaningful connections, and true love.